The purpose of this one-day course is to offer the most practical applications of the Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (DFIT). The DFIT has become a very important test for tight and unconventional reservoirs, which yields very essential reservoir information for reservoir management and also to optimize frac design at a low cost. Different techniques are used in the DFIT such as the G-Function. Several case studies are offered using commercial software to allow hands-on-experience. Also, the methods of designing the DFIT are discussed to ensure conclusive results are obtained. Excellent handout of the course notes are offered, which can be used as a good reference.
- Learn the theory of test analysis and techniques
- Learn what information is obtained from DFIT
- Understand the benefits of conducting DFIT
- Learn step-by-step how to analyze DFIT and the use of commercial software
- Learn the benefits of test design to ensure conclusive results are obtained.
March 14, 2024