This course offers an overview of the performance evaluation of tight and the unconventional reservoirs. Explanations are provided why the unconventional (UC) is different from the conventional reservoirs. A review of the physical properties of the UC is provided. The tools used to evaluate the UC are discussed using Rate Transient Analysis (RTA) and DFIT, and more…. The application of Multi-stage Frac of Horizontal Wells (MFHW’s) is discussed including the design optimization; frac size, number of stages, and how to take advantages of the sweet spots. The application of waterflood and EOR to tight oil formations. Numerous related case studies are included throughout the course to emphasize the concepts presented. Excellent courses handout is provided, which is a good reference on the subject.
- Learn why unconventional & conventional reservoirs are different
- How to evaluate the potential of unconventional reservoirs.
- How to use TOC and Langmuir chart for unconventional reservoirs
- Learn why drawdown limit after fracing and its duration is important
- Learn the benefits of DFIT and how to use its results in the frac design
- Lean the use of PTS and RTA to generate production/reserves (P10 P50, P90)
- Applications of EOR for the unconventional reservoirs
October 2-5 2023 & March 25-28, 2024