Mr. Saad Ibrahim, P. Eng
(1 day), November 7, 2019
The purpose of this one-day course is to offer a complete coverage the various injection tests conducted in the industry; their applications and how to analyse test data. Injection tests are conducted for: 1. water disposal and injection wells. 2. Steam injection wells. 3. Subsurface injection/disposal/storage of CO2. 4. Frac design using Mini frac tests or Diagnostic Fracture Injection Test (DFIT). Learning outcome:
- Understand the theory/fundamentals of well test interpretations, including flow geometry and boundary conditions.
- Understand the benefits injectivity/fall-off tests to maximize water injection and select candidate wells for wellbore stimulation
- Select perforating intervals for unconventional reservoirs using N2 injectivity/fall-off tests
- Why conduct step-rate tests and packer leak-off tests
- Learn the benefits of the Hall plot for water disposal/injection wells
- Learn the aapplications of Diagnostic Fracture injection Test (DFIT) or Mini Frac and their requirements by the AER
- Understand the analysis techniques of DFIT including:
- Pre-Frac Closure
- After Closure Analysis (ACA)
- Numerous case studies from the Duvernay and Haynesville shale gas
- Learn how to extract geo-mechanical parameters from DFIT; such as, closure pressure, ISIP, and types of leak-off, which are essential to the frac design.
- Illustrate how injection tests are analyzed using commercial software
A detailed course hand-out, which is an excellent reference, will be provided. Hand calculators are required for this class.
Fees: $850 + (5% GST)
New payment method is available: E-Transfer to email@example.com
In the note to the payment enter the name of the course and personal information.
Download Course Description (PDF)