This course offers the know-how knowledge to make the everyday decision-making become simple: How to plan data acquisition? What kind of data is needed? How to use the data as a reservoir management tool? How to increase ultimate recovery & projects’ NPV’s? The theory concepts will be covered to assist reservoir and exploitation engineers to effectively understand and perform their main tasks; determine oil and gas reserves and maximize hydrocarbon recovery under primary, secondary and tertiary schemes with emphasis on the bottom line results. Other topics such as well test analysis, horizontal well applications, and reservoir drives will be covered. Interesting class examples using actual field data will review. A course hand-out which is an excellent reference will be provided.
- Understand the types of reservoir traps and characteristics
- Learn how rock and fluid properties affect well performance
- Learn industry standard of reserves determination (volumetric /material balance methods)
- How to use well test analysis for reservoir management & production optimization
- Become familiar with waterflood design process and performance evaluation
- Learn why unconventional reservoirs are different from conventional and how to use specific tools to evaluate performance and reserves.
- Become familiar with Hz well and MFHW performance and frac optimization
- Learn from practical case studies
April 8-12, 2024